Wednesday, November 09, 2005

leg breathes briefly

Went to the cast room this morning and had the plaster cast removed. I was allowed to hang out with no cast on it for about 40 minutes, during which I pointed and flexed for all I was worth, and applied as much moisturizer as my skin would soak up. Then Jim, the technician, wrapped my leg in a handsome blue fibreglass cast, which is much lighter and more comfortable. I get four more weeks in this one, still no weight bearing. Not thrilled about this. I've been reading about newer therapies where they get you moving much faster, with supervision, of course. Do not much like the idea of how much my calf muscle with atrophy, and also it is crazy stiff, which can't be good.

Images of tendon surgery, for those of you with strong stomachs:

The Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction

2 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Good luck on your recovery!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,hows your foot?I am stuck in the same color cast as you,lol.It really stinks to shower and stuff,e-mail me and feel better,David.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home