Saturday, May 20, 2006

read! participate!

So one of the really cool things I get to do as part of my Writer-in-Residency at SFU is see some of the newest work getting produced in my beautiful city. Those of you have come to see me: Thank-you for sharing your work. I'm amazed by much of the stuff I've seen, and it's really great seeing work grow and change, and know I've had a hand in it.

I'm organizing a reading to celebrate this work. It will be on the evening of June 29, 2006, location TBA. Unfortunately, I don't have everyone's email. So, if you've come to see me for feedback anytime since I started, and would like to read on that evening, please do drop me a note, or leave a message for me through Linda Elliot in the English Department main office. Participate! It will be fun. Or for those of you who respond better to guilt: You owe it to your communities.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joni Morris said...

Hi Larissa,

I'm an SFU student who stumbled across your blog a few months ago. I love discovering that we have an online community as well; I was also quite tickled pink to discover the blog "trans-scribing canada".

Along the lines of young writers--I'm working on a chapbook that I'd like to have finished by the end of the summer, and it would be absolutely fabulous if you could take a look at some of the poems that will be in it. I'm not in the lower mainland anymore, though, and I'm not sure how you feel about doing these things over email. I figure there's no harm in asking, though!

Thanks so much.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home